Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hold that thought

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

It is SO hard to just "be still" for me. I would love to be still over doing 456787 loads of laundry, but I doubt that would be ok when none of us had clean underwear. The fact remains that when I read that verse, I recognize the authority in it....like "BE STILL!!"
Have you ever tried to talk to your kids when they are not looking at you, or they are moving from room to room? You know they can't actually hear what your saying, and quite frankly it appears they don't care what you have to say. I am awful about praying and asking, asking, asking for things to happen. But I'm rarely ever "still" enough to let God speak back to me. Maybe I just like to talk to hear my own voice, never really expecting a response (maybe I just like to talk.....and we wonder where Jenna Claire gets it.). Can you imagine how irritating that must be to God? I mean it just gets on my nerves when someone asks me a question and then doesn't even stick around for me to answer. Its like saying "Nevermind your opinion doesn't really matter." what a slap in the face.
Sunday Jett (the baby) woke up really early. I got him up and brought him to our bedroom thinking maybe he would lay back down with me. I was wrong. He just wanted to play. I put him down so he could get moving. A few seconds later I heard him making those little boy noises when they play with tractors or trucks, you know, BRUUMMM BRUUUUM. So I looked down to see what he had. He had one of Jackson's little cars. I have no clue where he got that car. I have not seen that car in 3 years, and here comes my sweet little 17 month old baby boy pushing it around on the floor like it's been there the whole time. It has not been there. I can try and think of a thousand ways that car made it to my bedroom floor Sunday (the day before the 3rd year without Jackson). The fact is this, no matter how it got there it was not a coincidence. God was letting me know that He heard my prayers. He sent me a sweet reminder of my precious Cowboy and He sent it at the most perfect time, and what better route? He does not leave us without Hope. He just doesn't.

I have a feeling that like myself, most people don't doubt that God is real, I mean even Satan knows that! The doubt creeps in when we wonder if He is really good ALL the time. If so why does He allow bad things to happen? I don't know "why" but I do know that He is good ALL the time. God doesn't change, ever. He is always God and God is love. There can be nothing mean or bad in pure love. If you know me personally, then you know why this verse is so close to my heart James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of  the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.17. The more I read it, the more the last part jumped off the page at me..... "who does NOT change like shifting shadows." He does not change, He is the Father of lights! . This verse holds more and even different meaning for me every single time I read it.
One day we will get to ask all the why's we want to ask, but I doubt that will be needed when we get to Heaven. Until then we have to keep listening, be still and trust even when its hard. maybe more when its hard. 

.
Random thought for today. I think in the medical field they teach us 6574950483950 abbreviations because most of us can't spell anyway. Hello, who needs to know proper grammar/ spelling while saving your life? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment