Monday, March 14, 2016

The gift of Perseverance

~Perseverance: steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.

You don't go through spiritual warfare and live in the deepest pits of grief and come out not recognizing Satan when you encounter him. 
As surely as I recognize My saviors hand on my shoulder, I SEE the devil's schemes as clearly. I don't think anyone can truly experience the personal healing hand of God and not come out with a new set of eyes, at least that is true for me. 
I have spoken of the pit of grief many times, it is the most lonely and ugly place anyone could experience and I would not wish it on anyone. I say that to say this, I would not change my experience. I was not who God intended me to be before my trials and losing our son. I was luke warm and it was not pretty.
I have come to believe that when Jesus brought me out of that pit on the other side he gave me a gift, I believe my spiritual gift is "perseverance". That may not sound like much of a gift to you, but its everything to me. Not only do I endure the trials of this life and still have JOY, but I endure with the ability to show others that they can too, I persevere in spite of the trials, I grow because of them!



When I think of the cost of my families spiritual growth I get upset (hello, I'm human!). Then, I think of the cost Jesus paid, and I am humbled quickly. Is it fair or right that some families have to suffer so much ? Nope, but he does not leave us without hope and the intelligence to SEE Satan's attacks as they come. The more we pray and turn to God in trials the harder Satan comes at us. I will just have to use my personal gift of perseverance in Christ and keep moving. 
Trials are part of spiritual growth and Lord knows we have been through them in our home, losing our son was torment, but we put our heads down, prayed and we endured the storm, we still do. Together my family is stronger than ever because of hardships. I don't see an end them anytime soon, but doesn't that just mean God has something huge in store for us? The hardest battles are dealt to the strongest warriors, so I'm told :) 


James 1:12
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.   

No comments:

Post a Comment